Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Me Again!


Well, I guess I should post something since it's been a while and a number of people are wondering if I died or something. It's been a pretty busy couple of months for me. I had a three page spread on scanning in View Camera magazine. That was pretty cool. I was also published once again in Panorama.

One cool thing for me is that I'm testing the GigaPan Epic 100 for GigaPan Systems. If you don't know what that is, it's a robotic panoramic tripod head that will automatically get all the shots to create a very large panorama. They're relatively inexpensive, but they don't have one for DSLR's yet. (There is word that one that supports DSLR's will be released later this year, but that may just be a rumor...)

Another thing that's going on is that the International Association of Panoramic Photographers (IAPP) is holding their annual panoramic photography contest. There's over $5,500 in cash and product prizes so far and we're building that up. One of the prizes will be a GigaPan Epic 100 - as they are one of our major sponsors for the contest. The Fuji Masterpiece Award will also be given out to one of our best photographers. Check it out at http://www.PanPhoto.com

Well, that's the news here. I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend! Thank a Veteran and remember those who have paid the ultimate price for our country. God bless America!

No comments: