Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Day...



Well, I am really excited about the things that are going on with me right now. With the publications and the trip that's coming up, my life has been very busy. Since the racing season has ended, I found a part time job to keep me busy for a few months. That will help my goal of getting a full studio lighting setup to complete the studio in my home.

While I've said time and time again that I have no interest in shooting people, I want to try doing some large format portrait work. I also want to be able to get professional looking images of my daughter as she grows up. My wife uses those freebee coupons that the various portrait studios send out to get the studio-looking photos of my daughter every couple of months. I'd rather do that in my house, where I can control it all and get images that are exponentially better.

Having a studio setup will also allow me to do some different type of stock photography - from product work to models. I have a feeling I'll take advantage of Craigslist's aspiring models who need headshots that are willing to give me their time to get them. We'll see.

Well, that's all for now. My inspiration level has been growing a lot as of recent. I'm going to get some more 4x5 film tomorrow. A little chrome film and some good 'ol black and white. I'm thinking about going and getting some sunrise shots out at this beautiful little church in the countryside of Virginia. We'll see how it comes out. I hope all of you out there are well and I challenge you to get out there and shoot! Wake up early and find something beautiful to make a photograph of! If you do manage to wake up early on your day off and get a great shot, send it to me. I want to see what you make! Have questions? Send them to me!

-Brian

No comments: