Monday, July 28, 2008

Panoramic Back



Well, tomorrow I should be getting my new 6x17cm panoramic roll film back for my 4x5in camera. It extends out the back to give the film the extra coverage over the 5 inches of the main camera back. Anyways, I have some film I'm going to run through this bad boy to make sure there are no light leaks and once that is done, expect a flood of images. I love the panoramic format and one of the problems with shooting them digitally is the issue of changing light and movement of cars/people. (If you're in a city, for example.) Now, as far as moving objects go, one could spend a lot of time in Photoshop making things right, but I'm not into all of that. When it comes to Photoshop, I use it to make color corrections and that kind of stuff. I have better stuff to do, like be out shooting. This back limits my panoramics in the sense that I can't do 360 degree images with it. I still have the ability to shoot the digital side of it, but anymore my focus is on film photography as I like the detail and color I get from big film scanned in. Well, I hope to be showing you all new shots from this system soon!

No comments: